Before submitting your application at your local Visa Application Centre or German Mission, please
prepare the following documentation:
- Valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and with at least 3 months validity after the scheduled return; passports with observations regarding the front data page cannot be accepted) with at least two empty pages
- Application form & declarations duly signed
- 1 copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- Travel health insurance (Please click here to know more about the travel health insurances accepted
- Company covering letter with entire travel plan
- Exhibitor’s pass / visitor’s pass
- Flight reservation, rail tickets, others
- Proof of accomodation for your entire stay in the Schengen area
- Certificate of Incorporation of the company
- Company Income Tax Return (ITR) form
- Company bank statement of the past 3 months, stating the drawing power/credit limit
- Proof of financial status:
- If employed: Payslips of the past three months / employment contract
-If self-employed: Certificate of Proprietorship or other proof of ownership (proof of land title, proof of income from agriculture (sales form) etc.)
- Personal original bank statement of the past three months with sufficient funds
-Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Form 16 (Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- Proof of civil Status:
Marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable
- 2 passport pictures according to biometric specifications, not older than 6 months
All documents need to be presented in the given order in original. Should you wish to keep any original, kindly provide a copy (A4 size). Please DO NOT staple any documents.
Please note that the German Missions reserve the right to ask for additional documents or personal apearance for an interview in special cases. Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a special visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.
Download this page as pdf.