Before filling out the application form (step 2) and booking an appointment (step 3), please prepare the following documentation for your job-seeker visa:
- valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and with at least 12 months validity left after the scheduled return)
- 1 copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- 3 passport pictures according to biometric specifications
- cover letter from applicant explaining the exact course of action to find employment in Germany as well as further career plans should stay in Germany be unsuccessful
- Proof of academic qualification and work experience (from a German university or equivalent to a German academic degree) and relevant previous work experience certificates for future employment in Germany (for recognition of non-German degrees kindly refer to www.anabin.de)
- Personal CV containing full education and employment history
- Proof of accommodation in Germany for the first month (i.e. hotel booking, formal obligation letter (“Verpflichtungserklärung”), invitation of a friend/family with their passport copy)
- Proof of financial means to cover the costs for the time of your stay by one of the following documents:
- “Verpflichtungserklärung” (formal obligation letter) by sponsor living in Germany
- bank account etc. (should cover 947 EUR / month for a period of 6 months)
- Proof of personal status in India and marriage certificate, birth certificate of applicant, wife, children, Aadhar card, ration card (with English translation) if applicable
- Proof of health insurance
- Demand Draft or cash for verification of documents unless all documents have been verified before
Note: the German Consulate in Mumbai accepts demand drafts only
Click here to find out about the charges for the verification of all documents of Indian origin.
The verification procedure will be initiated and carried out by the Embassy or the locally competent Consulate.
The process of verification takes between 8 to 12 weeks.
Please prepare THREE application sets with the above-mentioned documents and bring your original certificates along.
Kindly note that the German Mission reserves the right to ask for additional documents.This applies -among others - for certain professions (e.g. Nurses, Medical Doctors, Pharmacists, Teachers)
Please note that you will not be allowed to take up employment with a job-seeker visa. Your visa will however be changed to a residence permit for employment in Germany, once you have found adequate employment.
The submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.
Please return to our website and continue with step 2 of the application process.
Download this page as pdf.