Before filling out the application form (step 2) and booking an appointment (step 3), please prepare the following documentation for your job-seeker visa:
- valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and with at least 2 empty pages for visa)
- application form, completed online with VIDEX printed out twice and both forms duly signed by you
- 2 current, identical passport photos according to biometric specifications (current = not older than 6 months)
- Declaration for additional contact and legal representation information, completed and signed twice by you
- 2 copies of your passport’s data page (A4 size copies)
Proof of accomodation in Germany (such as a written invitation by friends or family, hotel booking or similar) – must include the actual complete address with street name, name of town and postal code
- Proof of vocational or academic training (such as bachelor’s or master’s degree, diploma) and – if applicable – prior work experience in the form of confirmation letters by previous employers
- Proof of acknowledgement of your qualification for Germany
- Academic degree: Anabin database printouts listing both your degree and the awarding institution
Individual “Statement of Comparability” by anabin
Information on the anabin process can be found here
- Vocational training: Proof of recognition of your training. Where you can obtain this recognition depends on the kind of training you received. Information on how to obtain the recognition can be found here.
General information on the recognition process can be found here.
- If applicable: “Berufsübungserlaubnis”, e. g. a professional practice permit. This is necessary for specific jobs, generally in the medical field such as medical doctors and nurses, but also pharmacists and teachers.
- If you have a recognized vocational training:
current proof of knowledge of German on a level of B1. Acknowledge proof are certificates from Goethe Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan or ÖSD
- Proof of sufficient financial means to cover the costs of living for the duration of your stay by one of the following documents:
- Proof of a “Sperrkonto” (blocked account) in Germany with sufficient funds currently amounting to at least 1.027,-- EUR/month plus sufficient funds for the return flight
- “Verpflichtungserklärung” (formal obligation letter) by a sponsor living in Germany
- Statements of a current bank account etc.
- Duly signed motivational letter / statement of purpose that must contain the following information:
- Since when you plan to move to Germany
- What type of work or job you intend to do in Germany
- If and since when you learn German
- If you have already applied for jobs (at which company) or have already been invited to job interviews
- Why you intend to move to Germany and not another EU country
- Please attach proof of job applications or invitations to job interviews
- Proof of personal status in India birth certificate of applicant, Aadhar card (with English translation) if applicable
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of health insurance for the duration of your stay
- ONE of the following documents:
- Proof of a private German health insurance which fulfills the below mentioned requirements and starts at your tentative travel date
- Proof of a public German health insurance, which consists of a letter from your German healthcare provider, as well as a travel health insurance for the first three weeks.
- Proof of a private foreign (including Indian) health insurance including the policy you choose which fulfills the below mentioned requirements and starts at your tentative travel date
- When does a health insurance meet the requirement of being equivalent to a German public health insurance?
• No limit to the reimbursement in case of sickness
• If the insured person becomes sick, no deductible higher than 300 € per year can be demanded
• Preexisting conditions must be included
• No clause for termination regarding the insured person reaching a certain age, change of residence permit or loss of residence permit
• The Insurance cover cannot have any time limit (or needs to be automatically renewed)
- Visa fee – for further information see step 2 of the application process
- Please prepare TWO identical sets of applications. Copies have to be size A4.
- On the date of the visa appointment, you must have originals of all documents with you.
Please also note that the job seeker visa does not include a work permit. You are only permitted to participate in a try-out-period of no more than 10 hours per week, you are not allowed to take up regular employment. Your visa will however be changed to a residence permit for employment and work permit once you have found adequate employment in Germany.
Download this page as pdf.