- Suitable projects can come from any sectors of poverty reduction, public health & sanitation improvement, income generation, basic education, vocational training, women empowerment, protection of the environment or else.
- The implementing agency must be an experienced, qualified and reliable organisation, preferably a non-governmental organization (NGO) registered under the Societies Registration Act, or a religious institution. The organisation must be registered under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA).
- Project proposals have to be accompanied by at least 3 competitive quotations/ cost estimates (in Rupees) for each item to be purchased /constructed from the grant.
- Incomplete applications (i.e. lacking detailed description of the project, lacking compulsory quotations etc.) cannot be taken into account.
- The project has to be completed within six months and before the end of the year.
- The implementing agency does also have to contribute financially to the project and has to be in a position to finance all upcoming follow-up/ running costs for a period of at least 2 years.
- Overhead costs (personnel, administrative, travel and other running costs) of the implementing agency or the project itself cannot be supported.
- Under German law it is not possible to finance a project which is co-sponsored by any other organisation, that already receives contributions from the German Federal Budget (e.g. European Union, United Nations etc.).
- Project proposals should be submitted to the Embassy in original until 31st January 2020, in order to be considered for possible funding in 2020. For this purpose, application forms can be downloaded here.
Download Application Form DOC / 25 KB
- Applications received by E-Mail only cannot be considered.
After you have submitted your application
- Eligible projects will usually be selected for promotion towards the end of the first quarter of the year, with regard to the focal areas of development cooperation like sustainability, feasibility and maximum benefit for dis-advantaged groups of society.
- During the selection process project officers of this Embassy will contact the relevant NGOs for a field visit. Please note that such field visits do not automatically result in sanctioning of the project proposal.
- After a decision in favour of a project, an allocation agreement will have to be concluded and signed between German Embassy and the implementing agency/NGO.
- Disbursement of funds will not take place before major project contents have been realised. Furthermore, funds can only be released upon presentation of original invoices.
- The implementing agency is further required to submit a final report on the project and its impacts on the beneficiaries, as well as a breakdown of expenses immediately after conclusion of the project.