The German Embassy announces a vacancy in the Press Division as of 1st August 2019
The Press Division of the German Embassy covers and analyses current press events as displayed in the India and German media and reports back to the headquarters of the Federal Foreign Office in Berlin. Moreover, we maintain a wide network of contacts to German journalists based in India as well as Indian journalists. In addition to this, we present high-ranking delegations from Germany with an overview on the Indian media market, organize press conferences of the ambassador and manage three social media outlets.
Sounds like an interesting job opportunity? Then join our team and apply for the position of press advisor at the German Embassy!
- Analysis of Indian (English and Hindi) and German media
- Research of media relevant information
- Writing of press releases in English and Hindi
- Maintaining a wide network of Indian journalists
- coordination with the Ministry of External Affairs
- Organization of events/ press conferences at the Embassy, organization of press program during high-ranking delegation visits from Germany
The successful candidate must
- hold a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication or a similar degree
- prove competencies in the journalistic or communications field with previous professional experience
- be interested in current political affairs in India and Europe
- have a very good command of English and Hindi (written and spoken)
- have sound skills in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- have good interpersonal skills
- be organized, adaptable, reliable and efficient
- be flexible, also on timings, during delegation visits and evening events
The following competencies would be an asset
- be fluent in German (written and spoken)
- have knowledge of social media, especially Twitter
The starting salary for this position would be 1,26,500 INR.
Applications with CV, one recent photograph, proof of qualifications, proof of identity (e.g. passport copy), two reference letters and a brief letter explaining eligibility for the position should be forwarded to the following address (no e-mails) by 15th June 2019:
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
“Vacancy in the Press Division”
6/50 G, Shanti Path, Chanakyapuri
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.