Due to unavoidable circumstances, the processing of visa applications will take longer than usual. We apologize for the inconveniences caused and the delay in the issuance of visa. Thank you for your understanding.
The Federal Republic of Germany has designated India as a high-risk area. Click here to learn more about Travel to Germany and Visa applications under Covid-19 restrictions:
BOOKING OF VISA APPOINTMENTS:
Submission of visa applications is possible ONLY with an appointment! – Either at the visa section directly or at our external service provider VFS.
While booking a visa appointment, please note:
- Only correctly booked appointments are valid.
- Please book your Appointment under the correct visa category.
- The appointment bookings are only valid for the person mentioned on the confirmation, the assigned visa category and the assigned appointment date and time.
- If you fail to provide complete and correct Information, while registering for an appointment, your appointment booking will be considered invalid, and will not enable you to submit your application.
- We recommend all applicants to book their visa appointments themselves.
- Assigning a visa agency will not result in an earlier appointment and errors made by the visa agencies/agents when booking the appointment will be at your own Risk.
Check out our Visa Services page for more information.
Dr. Jürgen Morhard, Consul General
Namaste! 'Linking people-connecting minds' to best leverage the common interest of Germany and India drives our mission. Welcome to our website! And welcome to Germany, as we try to provide you all the information you may need.Dr. Jürgen Morhard, Consul General
Address and Office Hours
German Consulate General Mumbai
Dr. Jürgen Morhard, General Consul
+91 22 22 83 24 22, +91 22 22 83 26 61
+91 22 22 02 54 93
Hoechst House, 10th Floor, 193 Backbay Reclamation, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400021
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. to 12 noon
Administrative / consular district
The jurisdiction of the German Consulate General Mumbai includes Maharashta, the Union States of Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Union Territories of Daman and Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
Visa and Consular Department
Please note the temporary change of our phone numbers - Legal and Consular Section including the Visa Section:
+91 9324682139 / +91 9167518144
You may reach us from:
Mon- Thu (7.45 a.m.-12 noon, 12.30 p.m.-3.15 p.m.)
Friday (7.45 a.m.-2.30 p.m.)
Please note that thorugh this service, we shall respond to only general inquiries. Inquiries concerning on-going applications cannot be answered.
Usual Contact details:
Hoechst House, 1st Floor, 193 Backbay Reclamation, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400021
Tel: +91 22 22 83 98 34 / +91 22 22 83 98 35 (Enquiries: Mon-Thu 2 p.m.-3 p.m.)
Fax: +91 22 2284 2184
Opening Hours: Mon – Thu.: 8:45 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Fridays: 08:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Compliance & Prevention of Corruption Officer: Ms. Marja-Sirkka Einig
Admission to the Visa and Consular Sections:
Visitors to the Visa Section or Consular Section at the German Missions in India are not allowed to carry:
i) any form of electronic device (e.g. mobile phones, cameras, tabs)
ii) dangerous objects (in particular knives or weapons)
iii) bags and luggage, umbrellas
iv) any other dangerous items.
- All visitors may carry ONLY the documents that have been asked for and required by the German Mission.
- Please note that the German Missions are not in a position to keep in deposit the above-mentioned objects that are not allowed inside the premises.
- Safeguarding personal belongings outside the premises is the sole responsibility of each applicant.
In case of emergencies for German citizens within our consular district: Post office hours, our emergency phone number +91 97 69 48 54 78 can be reached from Monday to Friday from 3.30. p.m. to 10 p.m. and on weekends and holidays from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Please note that visa inquiries DO NOT qualify as emergencies and cannot be answered.
Kindly keep in mind the time difference between Germany and India.
All opening hours and times are stated in local time.
Honorary Consul in Goa
Dean Menezes, Honorary Consul of the Federal Republic of Germany
+91 832 6747700-02, +91 832 6747708
Mobile phone number
Mr. Girish Raikar: +91 98221 21191 / 94201 89641 (Please Note - No visa queries will be addressed by Mr. Raikar. Mr. Raikar is in charge of only consular matters. All visa queries must be routed through the contact form on the website.)
Honorary Consul of the Federal Republic of Germany, CMM Arena Complex, 2nd Floor, Vaddy, Merces, Goa - 403 005
Monday - Friday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.