General advice on e-mail inquiries to the visa section
We understand that the current situation causes many questions. However, we are focusing our efforts and limited capacities to process visa applications as quickly as possible.
To support our efforts and to ensure a quick reply, please note the following guidelines when sending inquiries:
• Please use only our dedicated visa-e-mail (email@example.com) for your inquiry to avoid delays in processing your request
• Please refrain from re-sending your request from different e-mail-addresses and allow a processing time of 10 working days
• Inquiries concerning information already to be found on our website cannot and will not be answered individually
• For inquiries on national visa: Please note that we can only answer your inquiry if the applicant resides within our consular district
• For inquiries on Schengen visa: Please note that we can only answer your inquiry if the applicant resides within our consular district and the consular district of the German Consulate General in Chennai, Bangalore and Kalkutta
• For status inquiries: Please note the standard processing time for your visa category. Individual inquiries on the application status cannot be answered during the mentioned period.
• For submittal of additional documents: Please state the full name, passport number and date of birth of the applicant in your e-mail. Please submit documents in pdf format only.
• For inquiries of third parties: Please note that due to the German data protection regulations, the visa section can only process such inquiries with written authorization of the applicant. The authorization letter should be submitted in pdf format signed by the applicant together with the inquiry. The above mentioned guidelines for standard processing time apply for such inquiries, too.