The German Consulate General in Mumbai invites applications for the full-time position of Assistant Officer to the Document and Visa Advisors (40 hours/week) with a good command of the German language (B1) beginning from 1 November 2022.
- preparing and following up of business trips of the Document and Visa Advisors
- preparing and following up of trainings
- preparing and updating training documents
- interpreting during training courses and meetings
- preparing meetings and conferences with participation of the Document and Visa Advisors
- taking minutes
- communicating with Indian authorities as well as international airlines, embassies and NGOs
- press review (print and electronic media)
- general administrative tasks
- bachelor’s degree
- knowledge of the German language on a B1 level
- fluency in written and spoken English
- fluency in written and spoken Hindi
- relevant experience in language mediating would be of advantage
- good computer skills and command of PC programmes (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- experience in Consulate work and/or secretary work would be of advantage
- reliability, discretion, diligence and thoroughness
- highly organised team player
- good interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a multicultural environment
- ability to work independently and willingness to familiarise yourself with new areas of responsibility
- willingness to participate at further training activities and to go on business trips
The Consulate General offers you a one-year contract with the possibility of renewal. The starting salary will be 60.644 INR (basic) gross per month + transport and housing allowance of 7.500 INR.
Please submit your application including CV, motivation letter mentioning your notice period and proof of knowledge of German on B1 level to firstname.lastname@example.org (in one PDF document).
The CV and motivation letter need to be in German.
Application Deadline: 14 September 2022
Please understand that the Consulate General can only accept complete applications received within the given deadline. We will only be contacting candidates who will be invited to the interview in the Consulate General. Expenses for coming to the interview cannot be reimbursed.
Please note that this position is not eligible for remote work and that the Consulate General cannot grant a relocation allowance. If successful, you will be subject to security and medical checks prior to taking up employment. Third country nationals need to have a valid residence permit including work permit for India.
Data protection rules according to Article 13 EU General Data Protection Regulation apply. Please find more information here.