All customers are requested to pay the visa fees at the time of submission at VFS. Only the visa officers at the Consulate can decide whether an exemption of visa fees applies. For cases where an exemption of visa fees applies, an applicable refund will be credited to the applicant at a later date. We ask for your cooperation in this matter..
For National Visas:
Please note that the current visa fee for a national visa application of an adult amounts to 6.300 INR.
The fee for a national visa application of a minor amounts to 3.200 INR.
The visa section does not accept cash.
Kindly bring a demand draft with the correct amount.
The demand draft needs to be issued in favour of the Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany Mumbai.
The fee of 45.000 INR for verification of documents in case of certain types of national visas will be asked for later during the procedure and NOT at the time of application. Only applicants for job seeker visas and speciality cook visas will need to present the demand draft of 45.000 INR at the time of application.
In order to reduce waiting times, we have altered our appointment handling system:
1. Beginning Monday, April 11, spouses and minor children of holders of national visas or residence permits under the following categories will be eligible to submit their applications for a family reunion visa at VFS together with the reference:
• EU Blue Card Holders
• Holders of ICT Cards
• Internal Staff Exchange
• Guest scientists and academics from universities and other publicly funded institutions
• Scholars - only for EU or German public-funding scholarships; (private scholarships or reduced admission fees are not considered scholarships).
There is no need for an additional appointment anymore if your family members join you on the date of your appointment.
2. The visa section has introduced new sub-categories for family reunion visas. We have teamed up with our partner, VFS, to offer appointments not only at the Consulate but, for selected categories, also at VFS. Therefore, it is essential to book an appointment in the correct sub-category to obtain the earliest possible appointment.
Here is how to do it:
In general, it depends on the residence permit or type of visa that your partner holds. Therefore, please check your partner’s permit or visa sticker for the correct paragraph, and accordingly, choose the correct sub-category for your registration.
Please see how and from where to obtain an appintment.
For more information, vsiit the VFS Website.
Customers who wish to submit their documents for attestation in Mumbai can schedule an appointment for the submission here: https://t1p.de/w2io2
Due to a sharp increase in demand for Schengen visas, longer waiting times for appointments and longer visa processing times may apply.
If you are planning to travel to Germany in the near future, please make an appointment with our external service Provider, VFS, in time.
Thank you for your understanding.
All applicants who have their appointment at the visa section at the Consulate General in Mumbai need to wear a mask at all times.
From March 02, 2022, all applicants submitting their visa applications at the German Consulate General in Mumbai are requested to complete their courier assurance booking formalities by paying a fee of INR 870 to VFS before their interview date in order to facilitate the easy return of documents. This will also help reduce the visa processing time as your passport will be retained by the Consulate and returned back to you by courier once a decision on your visa application has been made. Please note that this service is not mandatory but offers you the mentioned advantages. You will be contacted by the VFS team for this payment the day before your appointment. We thank you for your cooperation on this matter.
Also: So that the visa section may process your application quickly, we request that you provide a valid health insurance policy starting no later than your tentative travel date at the time of submission of your application at the counter.
BOOKING OF VISA APPOINTMENTS:
Submission of visa applications is possible ONLY with an appointment! – Either at the visa section directly or at our external service provider VFS.
While booking a visa appointment, please note:
- Only correctly booked appointments are valid.
- Please book your appointment under the correct visa category.
- The appointment bookings are only valid for the person mentioned on the confirmation, the assigned visa category and the assigned appointment date and time. However, minor children (for whom a family reunion/dependant visa is sought) do not need a seperate appointment and may apply along with their parent(s) (seeking visa under the same category).
- If you fail to provide complete and correct Information, while registering for an appointment, your appointment booking will be considered invalid, and will not enable you to submit your application.
- We recommend all applicants to book their visa appointments themselves.
- Assigning a visa agency will not result in an earlier appointment and errors made by the visa agencies/agents when booking the appointment will be at your own Risk.
Check out our Visa Services page for more information.
Mr. Achim Fabig, Consul General
India and Germany are growing closer together at breath-taking speed. While we are working on a range of important issues such as climate change, we will also focus on connecting people and businesses and try to provide you with useful information.Mr. Achim Fabig, Consul General