Before filling out the application form and booking an appointment, please prepare the following documentation for your visa:
- valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and with at least 12 months validity left after the scheduled return; passports with observations regarding the front page cannot be accepted) with at least two empty pages
- Application form & declarations duly signed
- Copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- 3 passport pictures according to biometric specifications
- Au Pair Contract with a German family along with completed questionnaire (here)
- Informal invitation letter from the German family
- Proof of German knowledge (A1 Level) i.e. certificate issued by Max Mueller Bhavan/Goethe Institute or the Deusch Center (Malleswaram)
- Birth Certificate (with an attested English translation)
- Demand Draft or cash for the visa fees
- Please prepare two application sets with the above-mentioned documents and bring your original certificates along. Please do not staple any documents.
Applications for au pairs will only be accepted from applicants who are 18 years of age and not older than 27 years at the time of application.
Kindly note that the German Missions reserve the right to ask for additional documents for which additional fees would be charged.
The submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.
Please return to our website and continue with step 2 of the application process.
Download this page as pdf.