Before filling out the application form (step 2) and booking an appointment (step 3), please prepare the following documentation for your business visa:
- valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and with at least 12 months validity left after the scheduled return)
- application form (2 sets)
- letter from the Indian employer
- invitation letter from the German company in English and German
- proof of academic qualifications
- scholarship / fellowship award letter, if applicable
- birth or marriage certificate, if family is accompanying the applicant to Germany
- proof of accomodation (hotel reservation or invitation)
- travel health insurance (minimum coverage: EUR 30,000 in the entire Schengen area; validity has to match travel dates)
- 1 copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- 3 passport pictures according to biometric specifications
- Demand Draft
All documents need to be presented in original plus TWO copies (A4 size).
Please note that the German Consulate General reserves the right to ask for additional documents.
The fee for scholarship holders has been waived.
The submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.
Please return to our website and continue with step 2 of the application process.
Download this page as pdf.