guest scientists / visiting scholars
Before filling out the application form (step 2) and booking an appointment (step 3), please prepare the following documentation for your business visa:
- valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and with at least 12 months validity left after the scheduled return)
- application form (2 sets)
- letter from the Indian employer
- invitation letter from the German company in English and German
- proof of academic qualifications
- scholarship / fellowship award letter, if applicable
- birth or marriage certificate, if family is accompanying the applicant to Germany
- proof of accomodation (hotel reservation or invitation)
- travel health insurance (minimum coverage: EUR 30,000 in the entire Schengen area; validity has to match travel Dates)
In case you receive a stipend from public funds: please provide ONE of the following:
• Proof of a private German health insurance which fulfills the below mentioned requirements and starts at your tentative travel date
• Proof of a public German health insurance, which consists of a letter from your German healthcare provider, and additionally a travel health insurance from your travel date up to the starting date of the public German health insurance.
• Proof of a private foreign (including Indian) health insurance mentioning the specific policy you chose which fulfills the below mentioned requirements and starts at your tentative travel date
When does a health insurance meet the requirement of being equivalent to a German public health insurance?
• No limit to the reimbursement in case of sickness
• If the insured person becomes sick, no deductible higher than 300 € per year can be demanded
• Preexisting conditions must be included
• No clause for termination regarding the insured person reaching a certain age, change of residence permit or loss of residence permit
• The Insurance cover cannot have any time limit (or needs to be automatically renewed)
- 1 copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- 3 passport pictures according to biometric specifications
- Demand Draft
All documents need to be presented in original plus TWO copies (A4 size).
Please note that the German Consulate General reserves the right to ask for additional documents.
The fee for scholarship holders has been waived.
The submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.
Please return to our website and continue with step 2 of the application process.
Download this page as pdf.