Before filling out the application form (step 2) and booking an appointment (step 3), please prepare the following documentation for your visa:
- valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and with at least 12 months validity left after the scheduled return; passports with observations regarding the front page cannot be accepted) with at least two empty pages
- Application form & declarations duly signed
- Copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- 3 passport pictures according to biometric specifications (not older than 3 months)
- Work contract confirming conditions of your stay in Germany, including salary and social insurance payments
- Curriculum Vitae (in tabular form)
- Proof of 6 years of work experience as a cook specialised in Indian Food
- “Declaration regarding a contract of employment” (Erklärung zum Beschäftigungsverhältnis) has to be filled and signed by the future employer. Original along with 2 copies need to be submitted
- Birth Certificate
- School leaving certificate
- Demand Draft or cash for verification of documents unless all documents have been verified before
Click here to find out about the charges for the verification of all documents of Indian origin.
The verification procedure will be initiated and carried out by the Embassy or the locally competent Consulate.
The process of verification takes between 8 to 12 weeks.
Please prepare THREE application sets with the above-mentioned documents and bring your original certificates along.
Please do not staple any documents.
Kindly note that the German Missions reserve the right to ask for additional documents for which additional fees would be charged.
As your application will be forwarded to the competent immigration authorities in Germany, processing will take at least six to eight weeks (after conclusion of the verification process).
In case of visa approval, you will be requested to present a travel health insurance (kindly click here to know more about the travel health insurances accepted)
The submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.
Download this page as pdf.