Before filling out the application form (step 2) and booking an appointment (step 3), please prepare the following documentation for your visa:
- valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and with at least 12 months validity left after the scheduled return)
- application form
- deputation/ no-objection letter of your local employer
- approval letter from German company confirming conditions of your stay in Germany, including payment and health insurance
- consent letter from “Bundesagentur für Arbeit” (German employment office)
- 1 copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- 3 passport pictures according to biometric specifications
- Demand Draft
Please prepare two identical application sets with the above-mentioned documents and bring your original certificates along.
Please note that the German Consulate General reserves the right to ask for additional documents or the verification of certificates, for which additional fees would be charged.As your application will be forwarded to the competent immigration authorities in Germany, processing will take at least six to eight weeks.
The submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.
Please return to our website and continue with step 2 of the application process.
Download this page as pdf.