VACANCY for ASSISTANT VISA OFFICER at
THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY
The German Consulate General in Mumbai invites applications for an assistant visa officer (40 hours per week) with a good command of the German language beginning from September/October 2019.
- Receiving and processing of visa applications
- Interviews, telephone inquiries, correspondence with applicants
- Data entry into the electronic visa system
- Administrative duties in the visa section
- Work for events of the German Consulate General
- Knowledge of German language
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hindi
- Good computer skills and command of PC programs
- Knowledge of an Indian regional language (for example Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil etc.) would be an advantage
- Highly organized, team player
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with different people
- Knowledge of telephone etiquette
- Willingness to work in an multicultural environment
- Experience in Consulate work and/or travel/airlines industry an advantage.
The position is being offered on a one-year-fixed-term contract with the possibility of renewal.
Applications including curriculum vitae with photograph should be submitted not later than 23rd August 2019 to
the Administration Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
German Consulate General
Hoechst House, 10th Floor, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021
Tel.: 2283 2422, 2283 2661