Latest Visa News:
National Visa - New Skilled Immigration Act (FEG)
The following group of applicants is affected by this update:
- Applicants seeking Employment Visa
From November 2023, the new Skilled Immigration Act (FEG) will make it easier for skilled workers with vocational training and applicants with practical knowledge to immigrate to Germany. Existing mechanisms for skilled workers with a university degree, such as the EU Blue Card, will be continued and in some cases expanded. In addition, a new Opportunity Card (Chancenkarte) will enable third-country nationals to seek employment.
The new law consists of several parts. Here is a first overview of the planned changes:
From November 2023:
- Further modifications of the Blue Card
- Employment of professional drivers
- Entitlement to residence permit for skilled workers and abandonment of the link between qualification and employment
From Spring 2024:
- Residence for the recognition of a foreign professional qualification
- Employment of (skilled) workers
- Employment of students and trainees
- Short-term quota employment
From Summer 2024:
- Introduction of a job search opportunity card
To find out more about the new changes and what you need to do to become a skilled worker in Germany, please click here.
Please note that this information does not apply to Schengen visa applications.