Effective 25 January 2021, Customers can book appointments for D visa (Employment, Family reunion, Volunteer service/Au Pair, Language course/Internship, specialty Cooks and Bachelor Study with the German Consulate, Chennai using the below link
Please beware of fraudulent offers of third parties!
Besides due to limited processing capacities under Covid-19 the following categories are eligible:
- Students with a German scholarship
- PhD students (also when employed at a German university/research institution)
- Post Doc studies
- Guest scientists
- Master students with an unconditional acceptance letter from a German university, BA students with school leaving result of 90 % or better
- Employment with pre-approval letter from the German Labor Agency
- Employment on Blue Card basis
- Health care workers
- Bachelor Students
- Language course, Internship of atleast 6 months duration
- Volunteer Service, Aupair
- Speciality cooks
- Family Reunion
Short term Schengen visa applications can be submitted at the VFS Global application centers in Chennai and Hyderabad but will be processed at the Consulate in Mumbai.
Seafarer, Transit; short term family visit in certain cases only, medical emergency check the VFS website,
Appointments must be booked by contacting our service provider VFS Global at 022 – 6786 6013 or e-mail .
For the following categories, please contact the German Consulate directly by email to :
- Re-entry visa due to loss of passport, residence card
- Employment visa according to § 81a AufenthG (fast track procedure with pre-approval from immigration office in Germany)