Before filling out the application form and booking an appointment, please prepare 2 identical sets of the following documentation for your visa:
- Valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and valid for at least another year as of date of visa application; passports with observations regarding the front data page cannot be accepted) with at least two empty pages
- Application form (2 copies)
- Declaration for Additional contact and legal representation information (2 copies)
- Copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy) (2 copies)
- Annexure for employment visa (2 copies)
- “Declaration regarding a contract of employment” (Erklärung zum Beschäftigungsverhältnis) along with the Appendix A (Zusatzblatt A); has to be filled and signed by the future employer. Original along with 2 copies need to be submitted.
- Proof of foreign vocational training
- Deficit notification (Defizitbescheid) / partial recognition notification (Teil-Anerkennungbescheid) from the body responsible for the recognition of vocational training, this body can be found at www.anerkennung-in-deutschland.de
- Registration for a language course if the acquisition of language skills is not part of the qualification measure
If the recognition measure is a theoretical qualification measure:- Confirmation of your participation and description of the qualification measure by the institution responsible for the qualification measure
- Proof of self-financing
The following options exist:
- - Payment of a security deposit to a blocked account in Germany.
- Submission of a declaration of commitment in accordance with §§ 66-68 of the Residence Act, which has been submitted to a German foreigners authority (“Verpflichtungserklärung”). The declaration of commitment must contain the note “creditworthiness proven” and the indication of the purpose of the stay.
- If the recognition measure takes place as an in-company qualification measure:
- Binding confirmation by the company that the training measure can be completed in the company
- training plan that indicates who is responsible for your training and how the deficits identified in the deficit notification are to be compensated
- Details of the planned remuneration
- Proof of previous professional activity, e.g. employer certificates, references, proof of former employment subject to social insurance contributions
Recognized proof of knowledge of the German language
(usually at least level A2, for nursing professions level B1)
ORRegistration for a language course if the acquisition of language skills is not part of the qualification measure
- If applicable – Approval by the Federal Employment Agency (ZAV-Vorabzustimmung)
- 3 passport pictures according to biometric specifications, not older than 6 months
- Visa fee of 75 € payable in INR only (pls. check our website for payment options and applicable exchange rate)
- Certificate about compulsory health insurance (Gesetzliche Kranenversicherung) from German employer valid from date of employment.
Please note: If not already included in the compulsory health insurance a separate travel health insurance has to be presented for the time frame from arrival in Germany until beginning of employment (see below)
- Please prepare two identical application sets with the above-mentioned documents and bring your original certificates as well as your original employment contract along. Please DO NOT staple any documents.
Download this page as pdf.