Attention (!) – Please note that if you have a recognized academic qualification as well as a yearly salary exceeding the following limits, the check-lists for Blue Cards may be applicable to you: • 43.992 € for Natural Scientists, Mathematicians, Engineers, Doctors and IT professionals (also known as MINT professions) – 46.530 € for applicants over 45 years of age • 56.400 € for all other professions
Before filling out the application form and booking an appointment please prepare two identical sets of the following documentation for your visa and bring your original certificates as well as your original employment contract along. Please DO NOT staple any documents:
2 COPIES OF EACH ITEM:
- Valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and valid for at least another year as of date of visa application; passports with observations regarding the front data page cannot be accepted) with at least two empty pages
- Application form & declaration (in accordance with Section 54 of the Residence Act) duly signed
- Declaration for Additional contact and legal representation information
- 3 passport pictures according to biometric specifications, not older than 6 months
- Copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- Annexure for employment visa (2 copies)
- Employment contract with a company in Germany
- CV and job description (one page only)
- Proof of qualification and experience certificates for future employment in Germany
- “Declaration regarding a contract of employment” (Erklärung zum Beschäftigungsverhältnis); has to be filled and signed by the future employer.
- Original along with 2 copies need to be submitted.
- Proof of recognition of your academic qualification in Germany:
- (For more detailed info, please check www.anerkennung-in-deutschland.de)
- 2 copies from the Anabin website of the recognition of the academic degree as well as the University(University mentioned as “H+”, Degree mentioned as “entspricht” or “gleichwertig”)
- Original and 2 copies of the recognition (“Zeugnisbewertung”) of the non-german degree by the Central Office for Foreign Education, ZAB (Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen).
AND IF APPLICABLE
- Professional practice license (Berufsausübungserlaubnis) issued by the relevant recognition body in Original and 2 copies (For example, for medical professionals, decision of the licensing authority in the federal territory (Zusicherung der Berufsausübungserlaubnis, Approbation) i.e. granting of medical license by the medical council is required)
(For certain Regulated professions, a professional practice license is required like for medical doctors,
- Pre-approval by the Federal Employment Agency
(Pre-approval by the Federal Employment Agency is also not mandatory. It can however shorten the time to process your application significantly)
- For applicants who are 45 years old or more and whose yearly salary is below 46530,-- €: document of proof of adequate contribution to a German Pension fund / pension insurance.
- Demand Draft
- Certificate about compulsory health insurance (Gesetzliche oder private Krankenversicherung) from German employer valid from date of employment.
Please note: If not already included in the compulsory health insurance a separate travel health insurance has to be presented for the time frame from arrival in Germany until beginning of employment (see below).
Please note that the German Missions reserve the right to ask for additional documents or the verification of certificates, for which additional fees would be charged.
As of July 2013, Blue Card applications and applications with a “BA-Vorabprüfung” (Approval by the Federal Employment Agency) can – under certain circumstances - be directly decided by the German Missions, resulting in a processing time of approximately ten days.
In case of visa approval, you will be requested to present a travel health insurance (Kindly click here to know more about the travel health insurances accepted).
Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted.
Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.
Download this page as pdf.